IPCS invites expressions of interest from independent or partially employed scholars who wish to have a formal affiliation with the Institute.
We particularly welcome applications from individuals who are precariously employed or unemployed, or who hover on the edges of universities without a formal attachment to an institution.
Up to 6 fellowships will be available for 2021. Our fellowships will run for 12 months, from 1 January to 31 December, in the first instance, with a possibility for renewal by mutual agreement.
- Hold a PhD, or equivalent practice-based/professional experience
- be actively working on research on a theme that relates to the Institute’s remit
- be a financial member of the institute
- not be fully employed by a tertiary institution
- be a resident of Victoria, Australia
IPCS Visiting Fellows will enjoy:
- visibility on the IPCS website
- access to shared working space, Wednesday to Friday most weeks
- engaging with IPCS activities
- encouragement to pursue collegial activities of benefit to themselves and the Institute
Please note that priority will be given to applications that engage with our commitment to coexistence through critical and creative practice.Back to top