Critical/Creative Visiting Fellows 2022
The Institute of Postcolonial Studies invites expressions of interest from independent scholars, creatives and curators to join us for 2022 as IPCS Critical/Creative Fellows.
Up to six fellowships will be available for 2022.
We welcome applications from independent scholars, writers, artists, and curators, with substantial community engagement, who are unemployed (or precariously employed) or who hover on the edges of universities and cultural institutions without a formal attachment, to apply.
We especially encourage applications from potential fellows who are collaborating with underrepresented, Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse, disability and LGBTQIA+ communities. Applications from creative collectives are also welcome.
Our fellowships will run for 12 months, from 1 January to 31 December, with a possibility for renewal by mutual agreement.
Priority will be given to applications that engage with our commitment to coexistence through critical and creative practice.
A Collaboration Agreement will be drafted specifying project details and expected outcomes. The IPCS Critical/Creative Visiting Fellowship is currently unpaid.
- You are an independent critical scholar, writer, artist or work with a creative collective from an underrepresented community in mainstream arts and culture
- You hold a PhD or equivalent practice-based experience
- You are actively working on themes that relate to IPCS areas of concern
- You will make use of IPCS’ Curzon Street premises often – we want to welcome people who will be actively engaged with IPCS
- You want to build relationships with academics, artists and activists engaged with our program and community
- You’re a current financial member of IPCS
- You’re not fully employed by a tertiary institution
- You’re a resident of Victoria, Australia
IPCS Critical/Creative Fellows will enjoy
- Visibility on the IPCS website and digital newsletter
- Access to shared working space, Wednesday to Friday
- Opportunities to participate and shape IPCS’ program and activities
- Academic and creative mentoring may be arranged depending on the project
- Opportunities to pursue collegial activities of benefit to themselves and IPCS
For further inquiries contact Carlos Morreo, IPCS’ Executive Officer.
To apply, please submit an expression of interest outlining the proposed project and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 20 December 2021.Back to top