IPCS invites expressions of interest from independent or partially employed scholars who wish to have a formal affiliation with the Institute. We particularly welcome applications from individuals who are precariously employed or unemployed, or who hover on the edges of universities without a formal attachment to an institution.
IPCS is not in a position to offer the benefits that normally go along with an honorary university appointment, but we can offer fellowship: welcoming you into a growing convivial community as well as a comfortable environment in which to work, up to three days a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- hold a PhD, or equivalent practice-based/professional experience
- be actively working on research on a theme that relates to the Institute’s remit
- be a financial member of the institute
- not be fully employed by a tertiary institution
- be a resident of Victoria, Australia
IPCS Visiting Fellows will enjoy
- visibility on the IPCS website
- access to shared working space, Wednesday to Friday most weeks
- engaging with IPCS activities
- encouragement to pursue collegial activities of benefit to themselves and the Institute
Five fellowships will be available for 2020. Duration of fellowships will be 12 months in the first instance with possibility for renewal by mutual agreement.
Please note that priority will be given to applications that engage with our commitment to coexistence through critical and creative practice.Back to top