The Institute of Postcolonial Studies was founded in 1996 as an independent venue for the exploration of postcolonial scholarship, politics and creative practice. It brings together scholars, artists, activists and larger publics to explore and respond to the legacies of the colonial encounter in Australia and globally.
The Institute aims to generate income in order to support its ongoing operations alongside a suite of activities — public forums, a visiting scholars and writers/artists in residence program; performance-based workshops; practice-based community engaged research; student-led reading and discussion groups.
An annual Institute membership covers:
- Member registration to IPCS seminars held throughout the year
- Member access to the Phillip Darby Reading Room
- Member discounts on venue hire
- Four hardcopy editions of our journal, Postcolonial Studies, mailed to you each year
- Invitation to members-only events and end-of-year gathering
If you have a PayPal account, you are welcome to join and support IPCS via PayPal.
Concession: $20 AUD
Ordinary: $45 AUD
Concession (with journal): $60 AUD
Ordinary (with journal): $85 AUD
IPCS Supporter (with journal): $200 AUD
IPCS Champion (with journal): $500 AUD
For enquiries, or gift memberships please contact us.